Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Early Thoughts

(visit Amirul's personal blog here)

It wasn't too long ago that Talent Time Night was just something at the back of my mind after I received this strange phone call at around 8am by the SAD about having to host something or another.

Then I woke up properly.

"Oh, crap," I thought - and it was a real thought here, pregnant with some serious realizations. Some realizations like, "Bloody hell, I've only been SSSH Rep for a while, I don't know if I'm ready for this!"

Also, I had just missed about an hour of class.

"Oh crap," I thought - and it was a real thought here, pregnant with some serious realizations. Some realizations like, "Bloody hell, if this keeps up, I'll have a CGPA lower than Julia Hoo!"

(Just kidding, of course. Her average isn't all that shabby)


Walking downstairs wearing one of those ridiculous costume-mixups I wore that generally is only seen in certain types of circuses, I knew I had to make some phone calls.

The SSSH SWC hadn't had much of a great record for speedy work (not on my side at least). SSSH Night was left abandoned at the beginning of the semester, something I'm very proud to suggest will take place by this year, and the fundraising had mysterious evaporated. I knew I had to make some phone calls, and fast.

I made some and called for a short meeting of all the SWC heads of department. People like Jeff, Alice, Carmen. Everybody at the meet was very excited. I remembered Mr Yik's initial words: "Do you think you are confident?"

As the meeting finished, I was thinking, hell, yeah. We're going to do it.

And now, with 68 days to go, I'm still thinking, hell, yeah.

No comments: